We're Not Talking Sandcastles...
Posted by Adam Robinson on Tuesday, November 16th, 2010 at 5:54pm.
From November 18-21/10 thousands will be flocking to our beaches to view the Siesta Key Crystal Classic - a world class display of sand sculpting. The fine white sand in Siesta Key offers perfect conditions for this event, and you'll see the results in the amazing pieces of art created by master sculptors. We aren't talking little sandcastles here. Artists from all over the U.S. will be competing for over $25,000 in prize money.
Attracting an estimated 40,000 people, this is the largest tourism event offered in Siesta Key.
In addition to actually viewing the carvings, there will be several events that include:
- Group Sculpture - huge carving built by all the master sculptors
- Amateur Competition - sign up to win great prizes for your creation
- Sand Sculpting Demonstrations & Lessons
- Live Music on the Beach
- Environmental Education by Mote Marine - view an 800-gallon reef aquarium built into the side of a large truck
- Local Restaurants providing food and beverages
Dates: November 18, 19, 20 & 21, 2010
Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Cost: $5.00 per person or $10 .00 per family (all four days)
Location: Siesta Beach
Parking: Parking and shuttle available on Saturday and Sunday for $5 at Phillippi Estate Park.
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!